Camp Groups at Spider Mountain
Need a group activity for your summer camp? Spider Mountain offers a tailored day-camp excursion opportunity for your group. Downhill mountain biking is the perfect blend of thrills and adrenaline, and will teach your campers new skills on and off the bike.
Small groups of 10 or less can be outfitted with top-of-the-line full suspension bikes, helmets, elbow and knee pads. They’ll be provided with a lift ticket, introduced to their instructor and head to the chairlift for a morning of fun.
Our team at Spider Mountain can customize an excursion day for campers to fit different ages and abilities. A sample half-day agenda would be as follows:
- 8:00 AM Arrive at Spider, campers fitted with gear and lift pass and meet their instructors
- 8:30 AM Lesson in Bike Anatomy, including braking, seat height, suspension, wheels and tired
- 9:00 AM Lesson in Basic Bike Safety and Downhill Body Positioning, plus riding the lift
- 9:30 AM Practice at the Skills Park
- 10:00 AM On the chairlift and ride the Mountain
- 11:30 AM Turn in bikes and equipment
- 12:00 PM Head back to camp for lunch
Ready to schedule a day for your campers? Call us at (512) 756-4878 to discuss how we can create an incredible opportunity for your group.