Weather Delays & Closures
See our Trail Report for current trail conditions
Occasionally the weather gets bad and we have to close Spider Mountain. Rain, lightning, and wind have an impact on whether we can run the lift and open our trails. Unfortunately, we often don’t know what the weather will do or how it affects our trails until the day comes. For example, if the weather predictions show a heavy storm coming, we normally don’t close the mountain the night before. If it’s one thing we know in Texas – the weather can change!
Our mountain operations team determines whether they can open the mountain or not between 6-8 am. Then, the communications team gets the word out via social media and on the website. We do our very best to make the determination early and we thank you for your patience with the process. We know some of you are traveling long distances and are counting on a day at Spider. Our first priority is to keep you safe. If you have questions or are wondering about the weather, please check our website and social media, which we strive to keep updated with the latest on weather delays and closures.
Sometimes, even if the rain stops, the moisture affects our trails so much it makes them slippery, muddy, and unsafe to ride. So while it may be blue skies in the afternoon, our mountain operations team has determined the trails won’t be dried out enough to make riding safe. Again, we appreciate your patience with us and your trust as we make these decisions for your safety.