Power Kids 101
Get the kids outside, playing games and building bike skills over the holiday break. Sign them up for a Power Kids 101 lesson for only $19.
Book your Power Kids lesson from the Power Kids calendar! Pick up your FREE Power Kids Season Pass at the ticket office when you check in for your lesson.
Power Kids 101 – Skill building games for kids
Offered exclusively on select dates over holiday breaks, Power Kids 101 is a fun and exciting mountain biking experience for kids ages 5-12. Kids will get pro-tips to improve their riding skills and play bike games that are made to grow their confidence in a fun and supportive environment. This program takes place in the base area and is perfect for kids who ride every weekend as well as kids who have never experienced lift-served mountain biking before. Power Kids 101 lessons will reinforce the fundamentals, help kids conquer the trails, and maybe even meet some new riding buddies!
- Equipment and safety fundamentals
- Intro to basic bike handling skills
- Play fun skills games focused on bike/body position, braking, tracking, and balance
- For students ages 5-12
- Offered only on select dates over holiday breaks
- Saturday & Sunday, December 17 & 18
- Saturday, December 24
- Saturday, Sunday, & Monday, December 31 – January 2
- $19 per student
- Cost does not include lift ticket or equipment rentals. Kids 12 and under ride Spider Mountain for FREE with a Power Kids Pass.
- 11am-12pm = 60 minute lesson
- Meet by the ticket office. Tires roll at 11am. We recommend arriving early so you have time to get geared up and ready to ride.
- Maximum 10 students per lesson
- Registration is available online or at the ticket window.
- Online registration is processed through our calendar. Select your date, number of participants, and enter accurate birthdates. Then available lessons will be shown. See FAQ below and call us at 512-756-4878 for assistance.
FREE Season Passes for Power Kids
If you have a kid that’s 12 & younger, you have a Power Kid! Buying them a lift ticket is one thing you won’t have to worry about. You can pick up a FREE Power Kids Season Pass at the Spider Mountain ticket office. Then they can ride bikes at Spider Mountain and ski at 8 other resorts, all for FREE!
Frequently Asked Questions
Get help booking lessons and learn more about the program
Our lessons have general age requirements to ensure that all guests are provided with the best learning experience. "Power Kids 101" lessons are available seasonally for kids ages 5-12 years old. "Intro to Spider" beginner lessons are available to book online for students ages 13+. With approval from Spider Mountain, students ages 10-12 are able participate in "Intro to Spider" if a parent/guardian age 18+ is also participating. Please call us at 512-456-4878 for booking requests and questions.
Select the dates you would like to take your lesson. Power Kids 101 are offered only on select dates, listed above. If you selected a date where no lessons are available or lessons are sold out, they will not be displayed.
Sorry for the trouble! There is a software bug currently impacting some users, please give us a call to book your lessons: 512-756-4878