Intro to Spider
Do you want to learn basic mountain biking skills or refresh your fundamentals? Are you comfortable on a bike but new to downhill? Sign up for an “Intro to Spider” lesson and get ready for some serious progression!
Book your lessons, lift tickets, and bike rentals all from the Spider Mountain calendar!
Intro to Spider – Beginner Lessons
A guided introduction to the sport of downhill mountain biking at Spider Mountain Bike Park. If this is your first time experiencing lift-served mountain biking, this lesson will get you started on the right track. If you have been downhill biking before but are looking to build your confidence and skills, our lessons will reinforce the fundamentals you need to conquer the trails.
Lessons are available on Saturday & Sunday mornings at 9am. We start with the very basics on flat ground and prepare you for a guided top to bottom run on the beginner green trail, Itsy Bitsy. Intro To Spider lessons are designed to offer new riders a safe way to learn the joys of mountain biking and build confidence and skills on the trails.
- Go over equipment and safety fundamentals.
- Start with flat ground training focused on bike/body position, braking, tracking, balance, and confidence.
- Practice descending and cornering in our purpose built beginner skills zone, Creepy Crawly. Put your freshly learned fundamentals into real trail scenarios.
- Learn to load your bike onto the chairlift like a pro and soar to the summit on the Texas Eagle.
- Conquer Itsy Bitsy on a progression filled party lap with your new riding buddies.
- Go again! Ask your coach for some pro-tips about which to trails ride when you’ve conquered Itsy Bitsy.
- Ages 13+
- With Spider Mountain approval, kids ages 10-12 can register for Intro to Spider if a parent/guardian age 18+ is participating in the same lesson group. Please call us at 512-456-4878 for booking requests and questions. If a guardian is not participating, please check out our seasonally offered Power Kids 101 Lessons for kids ages 5-12.
- $69 per person
- Cost does not include lift ticket or equipment rentals
- Lesson participants receive 20% off of lift tickets and bike rentals at the ticket window. You can save even more on lift tickets by booking in advance. Savings subject to dates selected.
- 9am-10:30am = 90 minute lesson
- Meet by the ticket office. Tires roll at 9am. We recommend arriving early so you have time to get any lift tickets, rentals, or gear that you need.
- These are small format lessons with a maximum of 7 students. This ensures you get personalized tips, tricks, and feedback from your coach.
- Registration is available online or at the ticket window. Registrants get 20% off rentals and day-of lift tickets onsite
- Online registration is processed through our calendar. Select your date, number of participants, and enter accurate birthdates. Then available lessons will be shown. See FAQ below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get help booking lessons and learn more about the program
Our lessons have general age requirements to ensure that all guests are provided with the best learning experience. "Intro to Spider" beginner lessons are available to book online for students ages 13+. With approval from Spider Mountain, students ages 10-12 are able participate in "Intro to Spider" if a parent/guardian age 18+ is also participating. "Power Kids 101" lessons are offered seasonally for kids ages 5-12 years old. Please call us at 512-456-4878 for booking requests and questions.
Select the dates you would like to take your lesson. Lessons are offered Saturdays and Sundays at 9am. If you selected a Friday or Monday date, lessons will not be displayed. Lessons will also not be displayed if they are sold out. If you have any other questions, please give us a call!